About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Monday, July 13, 2015

12dp5dt - Beta #2 :(

Bad news.  Only went up to 260.   It was supposed to be 351.   It has a 62.5 hour doubling rate (normal is 48 hour doubling rate).   Our blighted ovum last May had a doubling rate of 52 hours.  So this doubling rate is worse.  I can't believe this is happening all over again.  Can't wait to miscarry.... all over again.

Repeat beta on Wednesday (14dp5dt), 47 hours after beta #2.  We need it to be 512 to be a proper 48 hour doubling rate.   (Just to give you an idea, Victor was 728 at 14dp5dt.)

Please pray for us.  :(

11 comments:

  1. so sorry to see Laurie. Hopefully it's just slow rising and everything will turn out fine, or it's a vanishing twin with lower twin numbers. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celine. The "vanishing twin" theory is the only thing keeping me sane. I can't go throw beta hell to wind up with another blighted ovum. I just can't. :(

      Delete
  2. But....that's still a doubling time of 62.5 hours, which is in the 48-72 hours for an hcg under 1200.

    Try not to get to worked up about it yet -- while it's on the lower end of the range, it's still well in range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blighted ovum had a doubling of 52 hours. 62 hours (this time) seems MUCH worse.

      Delete
    2. Yes, but every pregnancy is different - and the same symptoms don't necessarily have the same outcome.

      Hopefully, this will turn out differently.

      Delete
  3. Hang in there! I am queen of terrible betas with gorgeous twins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bri! Toyin's #'s were crappy too with twins! I pray I am as lucky as you ladies, or 1/2 as lucky and at least get a singleton.

      Delete
  4. Praying, praying, praying. And holding you so close to my heart while doing so. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I just don't think my heart can take another miscarriage.

      Delete
  5. Praying for you. Sometimes frozen embryos get off to a slow start . . . praying those numbers rise.

    ReplyDelete