About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Monitoring Appointment #4

I had my sono this morning and my follicles exploded again!   My lead follicle is now 24mm.  I have a 23.5mm and a 22mm and I lost count after she kept telling me numbers that all seemed too large to me.  My clinic likes to trigger when they are mostly 18mm to 20mm.  So to hear all of these numbers flying at me that were greater than 20mm just kept making me want to cry.  I fear they will all be post mature come retrieval day and be thrown away.  My lining was also 13.5mm.  Hopefully not too thick.  I can't imagine what it will be at a 5DT (5 day transfer) which will be NEXT Monday.   Anyways, as usual, I'll update this post once I hear from my clinic with the official results.  But I would bet my life that I will be triggering tonight.  Hopefully it won't be too late.  :(

Update:  My e2 was 1483.  The nurse also said that my lead follicle was only 21mm.  So I am 99% sure the local sonographer just measured the widest part of the follicle instead of both diameters and then average the two.  So that's a relief that they're not as big as 24mm!!   Anyways, we trigger tonight (Monday) at 8:30pm and the retrieval is Wednesday morning at 8:30am!  Of course there is a winter storm hitting Erie and Cleveland Tuesday night through Wednesday morning!  So Mike and I are most likely driving down Tuesday after work and checking into a hotel.  Egg retrievals cannot be even 10 minutes late.  They are timed with my body and if started late we run the risk of my eggs ovulating into my body instead of being retrieved!!!

2 comments:

  1. Actually all of your numbers are PERFECT! My SIL lining was 15mm triple lined for this transfer we just did. In November her lining was 15.3mm Your follicles are really good as well, none are post mature. Once you start progesterone your lining STOPS growing so it won't get too much thicker so don't worry about that. Will be checking back to see your numbers later! But everything sounds great! And I agree trigger is most definitely tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Babydreams2011 for the encouragement!!!!!!!!!

      Delete