About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

12dp3dt

Sorry to scare you guys yesterday.  I haven't had any more of that pain I mentioned yesterday.  Anyways, my beta is tomorrow morning.  I have an email already typed to my RE with 15 questions.  If anyone can think of anything else to add, please let me know!

WTF Appointment Questions

1.  Did the BCP and Lupron combo over-suppress my ovaries?

2.  Did not getting my period prior to baseline throw off dates and start me stimming too early?

3.  When my e2 levels weren't rising fast enough my follistim dose was raised.  Was that dose too much too quick?  After that raise my lead follicles took off.  Should we have stimmed me at less of a dose for longer instead of such high a dose in a shorter amount of time?

4.  Did the scenario from #3 impact my egg quality?

5.  Was my lining too thick?  At one of my monitoring sessions days before the egg retrieval my lining was already 13+mm.  I can only imagine how thick it was at transfer. 

6. Was my c-section scar an issue?  During the transfer the doctor had to "push" past it.  I am not sure if that was the cause but I had cramps for days after transfer.

7.  What is the reasoning behind a day 3 transfer?  

8. as assisted hatching used on my embryos (or is that not something done on day 3 embryos?)?

9.  Realistically, do you think my frozen 9 and 12 cell have any chance of success?   Were they fragmented?

10. Will they be transferred on day 3 or cultured to day 5?

11. Will assisted hatching be performed on them?

12. When can I do the FET? 

13. What would you change in a future fresh cycle?   
    - New protocol?   Add menopur?  Add ganirelix?
    - No BCPs?   
    - Culture to day 5?   
    - Skip fresh transfer (my only success ever was on a FET)? 

14.  Are there any supplements I can start taking now to improve future egg quality?
    - melatonin
    - HGH
    - DHEA

15.  Are the supplements Michael can take to improve the quality of his sperm?



No comments:

Post a Comment