About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Embryo Transfer

So last night we made the pineapple core smoothie trying to follow the same "tips" I did to get my BFP with our son Victor.   Went to bed around 9 and listened to my Zita West visualization for IVF CD.

I tossed and turned a few times over the night with nerves.  I woke around 5:30 and showered and got ready.  I donned my lucky shirt.   This is the same shirt I wore for all of my other embryo transfers.  Today's made #4!!!

So we left for Cleveland around 7:30 and arrived at 9:00am.   As soon as we got there I popped a 5mg Valium (another tip I did with my successful cycle).  They checked us in and got us into a room by 9:10am upon which I started drinking my 20oz orange gatorade.   The doctor came in to go over our embryos.  Of the original 6.... we were transferring 2 (a 7 cell and a 9 cell), they already froze 2 (a 9 cell and a 12 cell), and 2 didn't make it.   Of the extra 3, 1 is a 3 cell, 1 is a 4 cell, and the other didn't make it. They said they'll most likely freeze those 2 tomorrow as well.   So fingers crossed we will have 4 frosties from this cycle.  I am a little unfamiliar with them being frozen on day 3.  I thought they only froze on day 5.  I will have to google the crap out of this later.   I should have asked him for the report he was reading my embryo stats off of.  It was super detailed and the embryos were graded on there.

Here are Mike and I just before the transfer:

So here are the embryos we transferred today (top is a 9 cell, bottom is an 7 cell):


Since they didn't give us grades of the embryos, here is a grading chart I found online:

Trigger update:  The trigger is still registering in my system 5 days post trigger (bottom stick).


No comments:

Post a Comment