About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

27w0d - Weekly update


How Far Along: 27 weeks!!!  Third trimester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com): This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: Meh, hasn't been great.  Usually up 3 or 4 times a night to pee!

Best Moment of the Week:  Seeing my baby at Thursday's ultrasound!

Movement: Yes.  Now I feel him rolling around and not just kicking.  Very cool!!

Food cravings:  This week has been HOT salsa.  Sure beats french onion dip health wise!

What I Miss:   Being able to buckle my sandals.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Next Saturday is my final 3D ultrasound in Buffalo!!!!  :)

Milestones: Third trimester this week!!

Emotions:  I've been on high alert this whole week after last Friday's scare.

Symptoms:  Nothing new.


No comments:

Post a Comment