About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

26w5d - Sonogram and glucose test results

We had our followup ultrasound today to get measurements of the baby's heart that they couldn't get at 20 weeks because his spine was in the way.   Everything checked out perfectly although of course he was being difficult and they had me flopping around on the sono table like a fish trying to get into a good position for the sonographer.

In other exciting news... I do NOT have gestational diabetes!!  Yay!  My number was like 103 or something and anything below 130 was normal.  I had a print out of the number but the print out was essentially confiscated by one of my OBs when I asked why my white blood cell counts were a little elevated.  He was like, "how did you get that????"  Basically they never print out those results for patients because one number too high and patients like me freak out.  He said a lot of pregnant women have elevated white blood cells during pregnancy and that it's normal.  So everything is all good!!  

Here is our little son.  I'm already trying to figure out who he looks like:



No comments:

Post a Comment