About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

24w0d - Weekly update


(length of an ear of corn)

How Far Along: 24 weeks!  Only 2.5 weeks until the third trimester!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com) Almost a foot long (length of an ear of corn) and weighs over a pound.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: I spoke too soon last week.  This week sleep has been horrid.  Tossing and turning all night long!

Best Moment of the Week:  Getting a clean bill of health from the dentist.  No cavities!

Movement: Yes.  Daily now.  Sometimes nothing, sometimes he's going crazy and kicking me!

Food cravings:  Ugh, don't talk about food.  I just ate a gigantic bowl of chili (yes, I'm cheating and pre-writing this post on Friday).


What I Miss:  Being able to tie my shoes with ease.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  It's still a ways away but I am excited to see my baby again on June 28th's sono and then even more on July 7th's 3D ultrasound!

Milestones: 24 weeks marks a big milestone where the baby can survive outside the womb (with tons of medical assistance of course, but it's still a huge milestone).

Emotions:  I was kinda snappy the days leading up my Thursday dentist appointment.  But since i  got the "no cavities" news I have been pretty laid back.  :)

Symptoms:  Nothing new.


No comments:

Post a Comment