About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

26w0d - Weekly update


(length of an English hothouse cucumber)

How Far Along: 26 weeks!  Only more more days until the start of the third trimester (26.6 weeks)!!!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com): He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: I've been going to bed later (10 to 11) so I have been sleeping like a champ these past few nights!!!

Best Moment of the Week:  Knowing my baby was ok after yesterday's scare!!!!

Movement: Yes.  Now I feel him rolling around and not just kicking.  Very cool!!

Food cravings:  I've actually been REALLY good all week food wise.  I have cut out the date and protein bars from my diet and have noticed I haven't been getting as many headaches.  Extra bonus besides not eating those calories!


What I Miss:  Being able to go for a walk (I haven't been with the heat in the 90s!)

What I'm Looking Forward To:  I am excited to see him again on June 28th's sono and then even more on July 7th's 3D ultrasound!

Milestones: Third trimester this week!!  (26.6 weeks)

Emotions:  OMG.  Yesterday's scare was so traumatic.  I pray he goes full term!

Symptoms:  Nothing new.


No comments:

Post a Comment