About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

28w0d - Weekly update



How Far Along: 28 weeks!!!  Third trimester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com): By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: A few nights earlier this week I only got up once to pee!   Then the last few nights it's been several times again.

Best Moment of the Week:  Soon to come seeing my baby this morning in Buffalo at perfectpreview3d.com.

Movement: Yes.  Now I feel him rolling around and not just kicking.  Very cool!!

Food cravings:  I used to pound sugar like it's my job.  Now I hardly even touch the stuff.  Not that I don't want it anymore.  I am more scared now of how big he'll get and how much more he'll tear me in half on the way out!

What I Miss:   Being able to wear dresses.  I can't now or else I just look like a tent.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  This morning's 3D/4D ultrasound and tomorrow's shower!!!

Milestones: Little baby Schloss now has a 90-95% chance of surviving outside of the womb.  :)

Emotions:  Pretty mello this week.  Even in the extreme heat on Wednesday!

Symptoms:  Nothing new.




No comments:

Post a Comment