About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

30w0d - Weekly update


(length of a cucumber)

(large cabbage)

How Far Along: 30 weeks!!!  Only 7 more weeks until full term and 10 until due date!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com): Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage).

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Stretch Marks: Yes.  Last week should have been a yes too.   Maybe even 2 or 3 weeks ago too.  I started with them on my lower left stomach and now have a few lines on my lower right stomach.

Sleep: I've been pretty active and busy so it's been pretty good.

Best Moment of the Week:  Today!  Hitting 30 weeks is awesome.  Feel so good to be in the thirties!  Home stretch!

Movement: Oh yes.  And I even feel him hiccup now!

Food cravings:  Nothing really.  In fact I've just been wanting to not eat but drink my meals by drinking an Orgain.

What I Miss:   Sex.  lol

What I'm Looking Forward To:  All of our childbirth classes in August!

Milestones: Finished buying everything off the registry!  Almost all organized and put away but not quite yet.

Emotions:  Same crazy week at work, so stressed!

Symptoms:  Starting to get tired again pretty early in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment