About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

29w0d - Weekly update


(acorn squash)
(butternut squash)

How Far Along: 29 weeks!!!  Only 8 more weeks until full term and 11 until due date!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com): Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: I've been pretty active and busy so it's been pretty good.

Best Moment of the Week:  Feeling him kick up a storm every morning and night!

Movement: Oh yes.  And I even feel him hiccup now!

Food cravings:  OMG Mike bought me all natural cheetos.  That was a mistake.  The bag was gone in a few days (at least not in a few hours!)

What I Miss:   Wearing shorts.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Getting into the week 30s next week!

Milestones: Had my first set of Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday after walking for a few hours around a track for our annual Relay for Life event.  

Emotions:  Work has been crazy so I've been pretty stressed out.

Symptoms:  Nothing new.



No comments:

Post a Comment