About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Friday, August 14, 2015

9w0d - Weekly update

How far along? 
9 Weeks!

How big is the peanut? 
"Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce."

Total weight gain/loss? 
3.0 lbs as of this morning

Maternity clothes? 
Still doing the rubber band trick!

Best moment this week? 
Seeing our baby at the 8w5d sonogram!    I actually have been starting to feel sensations of the baby doing flip flops in there.  People do say that you feel the second baby waaaaay earlier than the first.  I think they were right!

Food cravings? 
No cravings, just eating everything in site though.

Food aversions? 
Not this week.

Gender? 
Harmony test scheduled for 8/24.  Results in 7 business days!

What's happening this week:
"She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain."

Bump?
A little one.  Next belly pic at 10 weeks!

Symptoms:
I haven't been documenting symptoms lately because there aren't that many!  I am lucky to not have any (now that I can use the doppler for reassurance).   Still vivid dreams, but rarely are they sexual - they are usually scary.  Typically a tiny bit tired after work with a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit of nausea when I'm tired.  I have had a few boughts of nausea here and there in the middle of the night (8w and 9w nights exactly).   Boobs are bigger.  Headaches here and there in the evenings.  Veiny.




No comments:

Post a Comment