About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Friday, August 7, 2015

8w0d - Weekly update and Symptoms

How far along? 
8 Weeks!

How big is the peanut? 
"Your baby is about the size of a kidney bean. Your little bean is now just over 1/2 inch long and is constantly moving and shifting."

Total weight gain/loss? 
2.2 lbs last time I weighed myself

Maternity clothes? 
Not yet but I used the rubber band trick this week at work.

Best moment this week? 
Hearing Baby Schloss's heartbeat at 7w4d on my home doppler!!!!!   This was just so amazing.  Mike and I are so relieved!

Food cravings? 
None yet but I pretty much each everything these days.  Bye bye diet!

Food aversions? 
Mike was making scrambled eggs and they smelled gross.

Gender? 
Don't know yet!   Though they have a new blood test that can detect it as early as 10 weeks!

What's happening this week:
"Your baby's hands and feet are developing webbed fingers and toes, his eyelids almost cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about having a boy or a girl, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal your baby’s sex.  Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it."

Bump?
Going to start taking bump photos today!  I got this set of belly stickers from etsy!  :)


Symptoms:

Night: Vivid dream about Will Ferrell - weird.   I also got up to pee and was so dizzy I was bouncing off walls and when I got back into bed I was really nauseous.

Morning: Maybe a little bit nauseous.

Afternoon: Tired.  Still a little nauseous.

Evening:



No comments:

Post a Comment