About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

8w5d - First OB Appointment and Ultrasound

Our first OB appointment went well.  We had four appointments actually!

1.  Sono
2.  New patient paperwork
3.  Meeting with OB (Dr. Weibel)
4.  Bloodwork

First appointment, the sono.  Amazing experience!  Baby measured 8w5d and that is exactly what I am today!   Here are some photos of our gummy bear!  

Head on the right, body on the left and little arms and legs coming out!

Heart rate is 175 BPM

3D - Little leg on the bottom.  Umbilical cord coming out by leg.

3D - Little leg on the bottom.  Umbilical cord coming out by leg.

Last few appointments went well too.  The OB said since we are doing the Harmony down syndrome test in a few weeks we won't have a 12 week sonogram!  Our next official sono isn't until 20 weeks!!!   Luckily there is a private place in Erie that will do sonograms after 16 weeks.  So I only have to wait 7.5 weeks (omg that is forever away).


9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! I check your blog every day and I've been following for years! Can't wait to see all your future updates!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful leggy gummy bear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful leggy gummy bear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful leggy gummy bear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and Happy belated birthday Lauree! Just noticed form your sonogram that your birthday was 8/11th. Best gift ever for your birthday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantal!! Your FET is in 10 days! My mom reads my blog (and the comments) and she is rooting for you too!!

      Delete
  6. Thank-you. The prayers are appreciated :) Looking forward to your next bump photo! :)

    ReplyDelete