About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

7w4d - Symptoms and Doppler!!!!

Symptoms:

Night: Vivid dreams

Morning: TSB (just a little again but better than nothing).  A few cramps.   Decided to only take the claritin of the claritin/pepcid combo I've been taking since 2 days before transfer (CCRM antihistamine protocol).

Afternoon:  Headache that left as quickly as it came.   Maybe a smidge of wooziness?  Maaaaybe.  Nothing to write home about.   Headache is back full force.  Right boob pain.

Evening:  Veiny.  TSB.


Doppler

So I wasn't planning on trying until this weekend but I was alone in my bedroom, Amazon just sent a nice new bottle of gel, so I tried the doppler.  I used headphones since I knew if I found the heartbeat it would be faint.  Well, I found it!   Baby had a heart rate of 155 BPM!   I was able to get a photo of the display saying the heart rate but it wasn't loud enough when I took a video to register the correct number but I got - literally - 1 second of it on camera.  You can hear about 3 or 4 beats in the first second of the two second video.





10 comments:

  1. Is the RE going to do another US before they release you? At least that will help ease the anxiety...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! They never even did ANY ultrasounds. As soon as they caught wind my OB was doing them they said they weren't even going to do one. :(

      Delete
  2. I thought it was mandatory for the fertility clinic to give you 2 ultrasounds minimum. At mine they give you three -6 wk, 7wk and 8wk (graduating u/s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently not. :( I'm pretty sad about it as I'd like to see this miracle as much as humanly possible!

      Delete
  3. You could tell your Ob that your Re didn't do any u/s and it would help you sleep better if they gave you an ultrasound before your first prenatal appointment. In 2013, I explained to the OB that I was anxious due to losses and she agreed to do a viability u/s at 7 wks. Fingers crossed for you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go next Wednesday to see my OB for the first time (had 2 ultrasounds at the OB so far but haven't spoken once with the OB yet). Going to tell him I'd really like an u/s that day or the next day. As well as frequent u/s's. I'm sure he'll fight me on it. If I can get to 16 weeks there is a private place in Erie that will do them for $85 a pop. Might be worth it to go there once a month to get me between my 12 week and 20 week scans and then from my 20 week to my due date!

      Delete
    2. 155 heart rate is awesome! Congrats Lauree! :) I was looking at your update on my phone and missed that part. 8 wks 5 day is perfect for you next u/s. That is around the same time your RE would have done your graduating u/s. So excited for next week!

      Delete
    3. Thing is I doubt he'll do a sono. :( I think it's just a talking appointment. I need have a glimmer of hope that there maaaaay be a sono when the automatic machine called to remind me of my appointment and she said 2:00, 2:30, and 3:00 so maybe one of those is a sono????

      Delete
    4. "I did have a glimmer" rather....

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete