About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

40w0d - Weekly update


(pumpkin)


How Far Along: 40 weeks!!!  MY DUE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com):  It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

Stretch Marks: I think they have slowed their onset.  Hopefully this is the last week for them to grow!

Sleep: Well, since the last blog, about 1/2 of the nights have been filled with nightly contractions.  Thursday night they were pretty intense but there were only about two.  Last night I had none.  :(

Best Moment of the Week:  Making it to today.  I can't believe I have made it to my due date!

Movement: I tell Mike he just wants to come out.  He's so cramped in there.  Poor little guy.  His movements are reflective of his lack of space.

Food cravings:  Nothing much this week.  Although I keep eat each meal like it will be my last (aka enough to hold me over during labor).   I had Mexican on Tuesday and Thai on Thursday!  I can't believe I only gained 1 lb this week.

What I Miss:  My sanity.  I just want him to be born.  I can't concentrate on anything else.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Meeting my son!!!

Milestones: Reaching my due date today!!

Emotions:  Cranky and impatient.  Enough said.

Symptoms:  Cramps during the night a few nights here and there.


No comments:

Post a Comment