About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

37w0d - Weekly update - FULL TERM!


(length of swiss chard - whatever that is... where do they find these???)

(winter melon)

How Far Along: 37 weeks!!!  OFFICIALLY FULL TERM TODAY!!!!   Only THREE more weeks until my due date!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com):  Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard).

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)  Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Stretch Marks: More every week but each one is a badge of honor!

Sleep: Still bad.  I think it will be bad until I pop out Victor.  I wake up and whatever side I am sleeping on, that hip is just killing me.  Or that shoulder is killing me.  Only silver lining is that I had another sleepgasm last night.  I love pregnancy hormones!

Best Moment of the Week:  TODAY!!!   Getting to full term!  I can't believe we made it!  God is indeed good!!!

Movement: Yes.  He moves the most in the evening when we are watching shows.  He also moves quite a bit in the mornings before I get out of bed.  He hardly moves at all at night.  I hope that's a good sign that his sleep patterns are already pointing to him sleeping at night.  Crossing my fingers!   He has had hiccups again this week but not after every single meal so they aren't as frequent I would say as they used to be.

Food cravings:  I think my cravings have actually somewhat shifted from salty to sugary.  I have been eating cereal again (which I haven't done in MONTHS).  Although that could also be because I am retaining my fluids these days and the last thing I need is salt!!

What I Miss:  Being able to reach my toes.  My nail polish looks horrendous.  I actually scheduled a pedicure for next Friday to have them done for me.  lol.   That and my feet are callousy from sandals all summer and I want them nice for labor and delivery if I'm going to (and others are going to) look at them in stirrups.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Now that he's full term I am looking forward to meeting my son!!!!!!!!!

Milestones: Making it to full term!!!!!

Emotions:  I never really experienced fear of delivery until recently.  I stand sideways and visually imagine my baby taking up all that space and wonder how in the hell is that going to fit out of you know what!?

Symptoms:  Nothing new.


1 comment: