About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

36w0d - Weekly update


(crenshaw melon - whatever that is)

How Far Along: 36 weeks!!!  Only ONE more weeks until full term and 4 until due date!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com):  Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.  At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

Stretch Marks: Oh yes.  More and more each week.  Even above the belly button now on the sides.

Sleep: Holy crap it has been bad.  I wake up like 8-10 times each night and whatever hip I am sleeping on is just killing me.  Thanks relaxin (the hormone shifting my hips).

Best Moment of the Week:  I set up his bassinet in our bedroom and we are going to rearrange some of the furniture in there to give it more room on my side of the bed.  I am also going to pack my hospital bag this weekend!!  My list has 70+ things on it to bring if you can believe it.

Movement: Yes, less strong though each day as he gets more cramped.  He also hiccups all the time which I thought was cute until I googled it and google said that it can be a sign of cord issues.  I asked the OB about it and he said hiccuping is super normal.  Of course I wish I hadn't googled it though because I am a worry wart!

Food cravings:  Again, nothing really.  I haven't been able to eat much lately with how small my stomach is with having to compete for space with my uterus.

What I Miss:  Sleep.  I whoever is reading this is probably laughing since I won't get that back for months if not years from now!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  1 more weeks and he's full term!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milestones: Making it to 36 weeks.

Emotions:  Excited to be so far along.  I can't believe we are just weeks away!

Symptoms:  Nothing new.



No comments:

Post a Comment