About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

18w0d - Weekly update




How Far Along: 18 weeks!!!!!

Size of baby:  Head to rump, my baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and the baby weighs almost 7 ounces.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com): She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Maternity Clothes: Yes.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: Pretty good all week and then crappy the last two nights leading up to our gender ultrasound.  I felt like a kid before Christmas!

Best Moment of the Week: TODAY!!!!!  Got to find out what we are having!  Read the next post to see!

Movement: Definitely feeling more and more movement.  I love it!

Food cravings: Haven't been craving much this week.

Gender: We know but we aren't sharing until this evening after the gender reveal party!!

What I Miss:  Nothing this week!  I am too happy to miss anything!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  The gender reveal party tonight!

Milestones: The baby is kicking!

Emotions: Oh my, I was a hot mess this week.  I snapped at Mike A LOT.

Symptoms:  Nothing out of the ordinary.



No comments:

Post a Comment