About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

14w3d - Flutters and other exciting news

We are 101 days pregnant today!  Well, not exactly 101 since it's calculated based on the start of my last period start date.  So technically those first 14 days my baby was still in a petri dish in Cleveland, OH.   But anyways...I'm still celebrating none the less.  Mike and I are super excited!

I've also been feeling what I am 90% sure is the baby fluttering around in there.  I know they say you typically don't feel it until 16 weeks but I swear I feel the baby every once in a while fluttering away in there!   I can't wait until it gets stronger and bigger and I am sure that's what I am feeling.

In other exciting news, Mike and I scheduled a gender determination ultrasound for April 28th!  It's in Buffalo and a good 2 weeks before my official ultrasound at my local OB (May 10th), but Mike and I couldn't wait any longer.  We really want to have a gender reveal party and the weekend after May 10th was super bad for so many people near and dear to me.  So we were going to go to Buffalo May 5th, which is Mike's birthday, but the lady on the phone talked me into coming at 18 weeks.  I couldn't resist!  So, in just 25 days we will know if there is a littler girl or little boy in there!!

Picture of the gorgeous facility we are going to in Buffalo, NY:



No comments:

Post a Comment