About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

17w0d - Weekly update


(size of an onion)

(the weight of a turnip)
How Far Along: 17 weeks!!!!!

Size of baby:  Right now, my baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com): Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Maternity Clothes: Yes.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: This past week was actually pretty good.  Once or twice a night pee awakenings but that's about it.  Still weird dreams.

Best Moment of the Week: Does today count?  Because as of today only 7 more days until we find out what we're having!

Movement: I definitely feel flutters. I just wish they'd get more frequent and stronger ASAP!

Food cravings: Haven't been craving much this week.  On Thursday I was ravenously hungry at work and ate 4 bars in between meals and that still wasn't enough to curb my hunger.

Gender: We'll find out on April 28th!  Only 1 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I Miss:  I miss wearing underwear that doesn't fall down.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  April 28th and finding out what we're having.  Then my official anatomy scan on May 10th where I'll see my baby for a whole hour!

Milestones: The baby is kicking....well fluttering, but that's a start!

Emotions: Pretty normal this week.

Symptoms:  Nothing out of the ordinary.



No comments:

Post a Comment