About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

15w0d - Weekly update




How Far Along: 15 weeks!!!!!

Size of baby:  My growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple).

My baby this week (from babycenter.com): She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.").

Maternity Clothes: Yes, still can't wear any of my baggy maternity shirts yet since my bump is so little.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: I have only been getting up once (twice max) a night now!   Still crazy dreams though.  I had a dream I was trying to get the hang of breast feeding and when my baby finally latched on, I woke up orgasming.  Not sure how my brain translated breastfeeding into orgasm but I don't mind.  I'm not getting any right now so orgasming in my sleep is definitely a plus!

Best Moment of the Week: Setting up my private ultrasound appointment to find out the gender on April 28th!

Movement: I swear I feel flutters every once in a while.

Food cravings: Junk food!

Gender: On April 28th!  Only 3 more weeks!

What I Miss:  Being able to go one flight of stairs without getting out of breath!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  April 28th and finding out what we're having.  Then my official anatomy scan on May 10th where I'll see my baby for a whole hour!

Milestones: Feeling the baby move (I think!).

Emotions: I have been ok this week I think.

Symptoms:  None.



1 comment:

  1. Where can you do the private ultrasound around here? I would LOVE to do this! Can you send me info on this when you get a chance?

    ReplyDelete