About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

16w0d - Weekly update


(avocado)
How Far Along: 16 weeks!!!!!

Size of baby:  Right now, my baby is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com): Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Maternity Clothes: Yes.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: Definitely getting up less than I was before.  Maybe about once or twice a night now.  I still have occasions where I wake up and can't fall back asleep.  And I definitely still have quite vivid and disturbing dreams.

Best Moment of the Week: Had an OB appointment on Thursday (15w5d) that went quickly.  I met the other OB in the practice and he's AMAZING - Dr. Abraham.  I almost hope he's the one on call when I deliver my baby instead of my own doctor!  :)

Movement: I definitely feel flutters.  Last night, in the middle of the night, I definitely felt single bumps - maybe they were kicks!

Food cravings: Junk food!  My face is getting sooooooo fat.

Gender: We'll find out on April 28th!  Only 2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!

What I Miss:  Nothing this week.  I just feel blessed!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  April 28th and finding out what we're having.  Then my official anatomy scan on May 10th where I'll see my baby for a whole hour!

Milestones: Feeling an actual kick last night (I think).

Emotions: I have been ok this week I think.

Symptoms:  Super veiny again this week.  My areolas are starting to change too.  (Embarrassing to write as I know some of the people that read this blog and they probably don't want to read about my boobs.





No comments:

Post a Comment