About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Monday, June 16, 2014

5w6d Ultrasound #1

I had an u/s and b/w done today.  THANKFULLY it is NOT ectopic.  There was one gestational sac in my uterus with a yolk sac.   Unfortunately, I didn't see a baby whatsoever.  The tech didn't seem too concerned as I'm just shy of 6 weeks but I feel like there would have been SOMETHING tadpole like in there by now.  Anyways, I know this pic is completely poop as far as quality but it's the best I could do when the tech left the room for 5 seconds.    I will update you all with a beta number once I have it.  Please say more prayers that my baby is just a slow starter!


4 comments:

  1. My RE told me that at 6 weeks, he sees a baby as often as he doesn't. Even an empty sac doesn't concern him, so a yolk sac is good! I had this at 6 weeks, and while I did lose the baby, it was not an inevitability at this point. Also, that looks like a baby to me in the bottom left picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. The bottom left is a clear shot of the yolk sac.

      Delete
  2. So thankful that it's in the right place! Holding onto hope that this little one will continue to grow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying hard for you Lauree! Glad to hear that it is not ectopic.

    ReplyDelete