About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

19w0d - Weekly update


(heirloom tomato)

(mango)

How Far Along: 19 weeks!!!!!  (More than half way through full term (37 weeks)).

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby:  Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com): Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.  Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: Well, it was great until last night.  Last night was TERRIBLE.  Up several times and each time was for an hour!!

Best Moment of the Week: Finding out we are having a son!!!!!!!!

Movement: Yes. Though not as much yesterday.  I listened to his heartbeat today so everything is OK I just wish he'd start grooving in there!

Food cravings: Haven't been craving much this week.

What I Miss:  Nothing this week!  I am too happy to miss anything!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Thursday for the hour long ultrasound to measure everything on baby Schloss!  :)

Milestones: Finding out the gender!

Emotions: Pretty mellow this week.

Symptoms:  Nips are getting darker (sorry randomly reading folks).  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment