About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

22w0d - Weekly update


(spaghetti squash)

(papaya)

How Far Along: 22 weeks!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com) Your baby has stretched to the size of a spaghetti squash and weighs almost a pound. (Length: nearly 11 inches.)

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.  If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: A few excellent nights of sleep have transpired.  A few restless night have too.  We've been starting to take a couple mile walk each day and that definitely has been helping my sleep.

Best Moment of the Week:  Last night, 21w6d, as I was watching TV the baby was kicking up a storm.  I pulled up my tshirt and sure enough I saw my belly move when he kicked!  :)

Movement: Yes.  Gradually gaining strength.

Food cravings:  I get so full so quickly now.  I just ate breakfast courtesy of my amazing father in law and I feel like I am going to explode!!!


What I Miss:  Being able to fully contribute to yard work.  I weeded a smidge yesterday and I was beat after only a 1/2 hour.  I'm getting so big it's hard to maneuver on the ground!!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Getting the shower invitations mailed out.

Milestones: Seeing my baby's kicks.

Emotions: Pretty cranky this week.  Poor Mike!

Symptoms:  Nothing new.



No comments:

Post a Comment