About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

21w0d - Weekly update



(length of a carrot)

How Far Along: 21 weeks! MORE than 1/2 way!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby:  Your baby now weighs about 3/4ths of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: It has been good since we have been in our inlaws king size bed.  The last two nights have been in a queen size bed (now that the inlaws are home) and it has been horrible.  Thursday night was the worst!  I went to the bathroom and got back to the bedroom only to knock my lipgloss off the night stand.  Of course I HAD to have it so I started searching, in the dark, with no glasses for it.  Mike came over to help me and of course neither of us could find it.  On top of it all, I was absolutely S-T-A-R-V-I-N-G so he grabbed me some cookies (nutritional, right?) from the kitchen.  It barely made a dent.  Took me forever to fall back asleep after all that drama!!!

Best Moment of the Week: Several.... 1.  Celebrating Mother's Day pregnant.  2.  Mike felt the baby kick!!!!   3.  Registering at Babies R Us (although this was more like a chore, not that much fun.)   4. We chose a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movement: Yes.  Gradually gained strength.

Food cravings: Not specific cravings but I am often ravenous and need food ASAP.

What I Miss:  My house still!  We are staying with our inlaws while a few rooms are painted (including the nursery) and the wood floors in the kitchen are refinished.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Getting the shower invitations mailed out.

Milestones: Mike feeling the baby kick on Thursday.

Emotions: My temper was pretty short during my crappy sleep story up above.

Symptoms:  Nothing new.  My belly is growing exponentially though!


No comments:

Post a Comment