About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

20w0d - Weekly update


(length of a banana)

How Far Along: 20 weeks!!!!!  HALF WAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby:  Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now (although our measured roughly 14 ounces at the OB on Thursday!). He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: Pretty good this week!!!

Best Moment of the Week: Several.... getting to the half way mark!  And seeing our baby on Thursday at his sonogram!  :)

Movement: Definitely.  Love feeling kicks!  Can't wait until Mike can too.

Food cravings: Nothing really.  Cravings have been under control.  Lately I've been indulging in baked doritos.  :)

What I Miss:  My house!  We are staying with our inlaws while a few rooms are painted (including the nursery) and the wood floors in the kitchen are refinished.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Registering at Baby's R Us today!

Milestones: Finding out the gender!

Emotions: Pretty rough this week since I had my big exam on Wednesday.  My temper was pretty short.

Symptoms:  Nips are getting darker (sorry randomly reading folks).  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment