About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

33w1d - Latest thing to worry about!

As you can tell, I'm a giant worrier.  I get it from my mom (love you mom!).  Anyways, I stumbled on a Web MD article "Delivering Twins at 37 Weeks May Reduce Stillbirth."   Without even clicking on the link, you can see that recent studies have shown that twins should be delivered by 37 weeks (the kind of twins I have di/di... the other kinds mo/di or mo/mo should be even earlier!).   Of course doctors wont really trust one measly Web MD article so I found the actual study: "Research - Prospective risk of stillbirth and neonatal complications in twin pregnancies: systematic review and meta-analysis."   You better believe I am printing all of this out and bringing it to my next OB visit.   I see a different OB (sometimes even a PA) every time I go, so hopefully I get one with a sympathetic ear.   I even wrote to my old MFM doctor to see if he'd write a letter to my OB's office okayed a 37 week c-section.  Hopefully I will get some traction on this.  To bad my next OB visit is 8 days away!!

UPDATE:




9 comments:

  1. I doubt you'll get to 37 weeks anyway. Hang in there, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha tats what my mom said. All this trouble to convince the docs and I'll probably go early anyways. Lol. Though I did go to 41 weeks (induced) with my first. So who knows. Apparently my uterus likes to play finders keepers. How are you these days momma? How's your new lil man doing???

      Delete
  2. I made it to 35 weeks and 1 day! They were perfect! 36 is the average!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome! I hope they come a little early!! I can't wait to meet them. :)

      Delete
  3. Our little one is five months and such a darling!! We are so happy!

    But you are right, 37 weeks probably better than 38 with twins. I'd be asking for 37 weeks too. I hope they agree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he's so cute!!

      I hope I can persuade the OB's. Hopefully the one I see on Thursday is buying what I'm selling! lol

      Delete
    2. They really should, they know full well chances of getting to even 37 are slim anyway

      Delete
  4. Just a quick little anonymous comment to say thanks for sharing so much. I found your site from a search for "5dp5dt frer" - I just got a positive after FET #4 and I'm freaking out. Your posts have been great. Nice to know I'm not alone on this rollercoaster :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My OB said if I'm still pregnant at 37 weeks he'll induce for this very reason!!!!

    ReplyDelete