About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

34w0d - Weekly update


(cantaloupe)

How Far Along: 34 weeks!!!  Only 3 more weeks until full term and 6 until due date!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com): Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Stretch Marks: More each day!

Sleep: Pretty good this week actually.  I still pee on average twice a night I have been sleeping soundly.   I still wake up and have hip pain but I just flip over and go back to sleep.

Best Moment of the Week:  I think everyday from now on will be the best moment of the week.  Getting closer each and every day to meeting my son is just amazing.

Movement: He kicks less but does whole body movements more.  I can feel him sliding around in there.

Food cravings:  Nothing really this week.  Eating is actually annoying these days.  Nothing sounds good and I just feel forced to eat.

What I Miss:  I miss everything now.  I can't even reach parts of my body to itch if I have an itch now!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  September!  With the rate August is going it will be here in no time.

Milestones: Making it to 34 weeks.  He now has a 99% chance of survival

Length of PregnancyLikelihood of Survival
23 weeks17%
24 weeks39%
25 weeks50%
26 weeks80%
27 weeks90%
28-31 weeks90-95%
32-33 weeks95%
34+ weeksAlmost as likely as a full-term baby
(which is 37 weeks by the way)

Emotions:  Excited to be so far along.  I can't believe we are just weeks away!

Symptoms:  Nothing new.  Still have that mid section pain but the doctor says its normal and its just pain from stretching.


No comments:

Post a Comment