About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

32w0d - Weekly update


(large jicama - don't aske me what a jicama is, I don't know)

How Far Along: 32 weeks!!!  Only 5 more weeks until full term and 8 until due date!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com): By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Stretch Marks: Yes.  And they definitely just keep getting worse!

Sleep: I'm down to a routine now pretty much.  Up twice each night.  Not too bad.  My trick is to never ever look at the clock.

Best Moment of the Week:  Making it to 32 weeks was pretty awesome.  A friend of mine (from my pregnancy forums) had her baby at 32 weeks and she is doing great!  Just crazy it literally could happen at any time.

Movement: Oh yes.   But it has definitely slowed as he is running out of room in there.

Food cravings:  Nothing really sounds good anymore.  All I wan't to do is drink a chocolate Orgain for all of my meals.

What I Miss:   Well I was at a winery today.  Is it wrong to say I miss wine?  Honestly, if I had to give up wine for the rest of my life to have Victor here and healthy I would.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  August is going to fly by.  We have 5 more classes and 3 OB appointments in it!

Milestones: Making it to 32 weeks.  He's now going to pack on 1/2 a pound a week!  What a little heifer!

Emotions:  Excited to be so far along.  I can't believe we are just weeks away!

Symptoms:  About several days ago I started getting a pain in my mid section.  It doesn't feel internal in that it doesn't feel like an organ or anything important like that.  It's just my skin and just below (which would be my abs, right?) hurts.  It's like just to the right and just above my belly button in a several inch square area.  It only happens the later in the day it get and it really hasn't happened much today (Saturday).  All of my forum friends say that it's just my uterus/abs/skin/ligaments stretching and it comes with the territory.  They all say it doesn't really go away though until after labor.  Yay.



No comments:

Post a Comment