About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Friday, August 10, 2012

32w6d - Long week


It’s been a looooooooooong week.   Monday, we had two doctor’s appointments.  One was a regular OB visit where I passed all tests/measurements with flying colors.  The second was for Mike and I to get whooping cough booster shots so I can help protect Victor when he is born.   Tuesday, we had the first of three 3 hour long childbirth classes.  The first 2 hours was learning the ins and outs of labor and determining between true and false labor.  The last hour was spent watching a video of 5 different women giving birth.  It was interesting to watch but I think I had myself believing that I could handle the pain of labor.  But after watching them scream, I don’t know anymore.  Wednesday we had our Breastfeeding 101 class when in only 1.5 hours they went over all of the ins and outs of breastfeeding.  I thought I knew what to do but now I feel even more lost!  Thursday, luckily there was nothing going on after work so I just vedged and watched the Olympics.  Friday, today, is luckily going to be much like Thursday….spend relaxing.  It’s been a long week!

Next week is the same except no doctor’s visits.  We have our second of three 3 hour Childbirth classes on Tuesday and our Babies 101 on Wednesday.  August is flying by.  I can’t believe I’ll be 33 weeks tomorrow!  Victor could literally come at any time and be perfectly healthy.  Although we don’t want him coming until at least 37 weeks.  I should really start thinking about packing my hospital bag!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment