About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

33w0d - Weekly update


(pineapple)

How Far Along: 33 weeks!!!  Only 4 more weeks until full term and 7 until due date!

Gender: BOY!!!!!!

Size of baby (from babycenter.com): This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark.  Personal note:  Although some of my apps say he weighs more so really he could be well over 4 pounds!

My baby this week (from babycenter.com):   He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Stretch Marks: More each day!

Sleep: This week has been pretty crappy sleep wise.  I wake up and which ever hip I am sleeping on is killing me.  I guess my body is releasing a hormone now (ironically called relaxin) to help my hips start shifting for birth.

Best Moment of the Week:  Today!  My birthday and 33 weeks all in one day!  I can't believe he's almost here!

Movement: Oh yes.  He gets crazy in the evenings.  Mike gets to feel him more and more and my mother in law, Dotty, has also got to feel him move!

Food cravings:  Chocolate Orgain (chilled of course).  Enough said.  I could literally drink 10 of these a day.

What I Miss:  Oh my.  Even rolling over in the middle of the night is starting to get tough.   So I guess I just being able to move around.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  September!  With the rate August is going it will be here in no time.

Milestones: Making it to 33 weeks.  He's packing on 1/2 a pound a week!

Emotions:  Excited to be so far along.  I can't believe we are just weeks away!

Symptoms:  Nothing new.  Still have that mid section pain but the doctor says its normal and its just pain from stretching.


No comments:

Post a Comment