About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

9w0d - Weekly update




How Far Along: 9 weeks

My baby this week: Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

Size of baby:  The baby has grown to the size of a grape, weighs a fraction of an ounce, and is almost 1 inch long.

Maternity Clothes: Almost, my "fat jeans" were very snug yesterday.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: Still peeing around 1 am and 4 am like clockwork.

Best Moment of the Week: Making sure our baby was ok on Tuesday at 8w3d and seeing the heartbeat again.  Won't see it again for a few weeks now!

Movement: No.

Food cravings: No constant cravings yet.  When I think of something good I will keep thinking about it.  Like yesterday potato salad popped in my head so we went to Wegmans and got a tub of potato salad!

Gender: Still don' know yet.  Heartrate was 180 at 8w3d.  Though it will drop and plateau now.

What I Miss: Friends and family.  I find myself holding up in the house a lot because I am afraid to do anything that may hurt the baby.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  The 12 week ultrasound so I can see my baby again!!!

Milestones: Today marks the last 4 weeks in my first trimester!

Emotions: I still think they've been at bay (laugh it up mom and gram)!

Symptoms:  Nothing yet today.  I'll update this as they come like usual.





No comments:

Post a Comment