About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

9w3d - First OB appointment

After years of preparing and trying to get pregnant, now that I finally am, I feel like I'm a chicken running around with my head cut off.   Like I said, I was shocked there won't be ultrasounds at every visit.  Who knew?  No one prepares infertiles for all this lack of treatment.  Going through infertility, we are always so closely monitored.  Getting released from our RE's into the world of OB's sucks.  Not gonna lie.  They treat you just like one of the rest.  One of the rest of the women who sneezed and got pregnant.  It sucks.  Rant over.

Anyways, after meeting with the nurse practitioner, who was really really nice, we decided to NOT do prenatal screening.  For those of you reading who don't know what that is, its where they test for down syndrome.  The reason we are opting for NOT doing it is because we will love our baby no matter what.   Granted, Jesus, hear my prayer, I pray my baby is healthy and free of any chromosomal or genetic abnormalities, Amen, because I just don't think I could handle that. I hope He doesn't test me on that statement.  Mike and I have already just been through so much just trying to get pregnant.   We just need some time to breath.

Anyways again, since we are not doing the screening, we will not have another ultrasound until around week 20.  :(  This is the sucky sad part.  I will have gone 11 weeks by that point of not seeing my baby!   At least coming up at my monthly OB appointments I will HEAR the baby since they will at least do a heartbeat check. Thankfully!

So that is my update.  Probably my longest yet.  I guess I just feel lost.  I hope our baby is ok.  And I hope not doing the test is a good decision.

Symptoms:  a little nauseous in the morning, thirsty in the afternoon, headache in the evening.

1 comment: