About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Small Updates

Sorry the blog has been slow.  The FET is still on for the 22nd as long as the lining check goes well on the 15th.  Just sitting here growing some lining right now.  :)  No new news is good news, right?  :)

There are small updates I suppose....

My RE, after much persuasion, finally wrote me a script for lovenox.  There are studies showing  that lovenox can aid in preventing miscarriage in people with not only Hashimoto's thyroid disease but also MTHFR gene disorder.  I have both, so I want lovenox!  She wrote a 30 day supply and 3 refills of that.  So that's enough to get me into the second trimester at least, should this/these baby(ies) hold on (which I hope they do!).

I suppose this is a non update, but I had my TSH checked on Wednesday.  Well, I had bloodwork to check it (going to check it weekly now).  Anyways, the result only returned with T3, T4 results.  No TSH.   I called Labcorp and the lady on the phone said they keep bloodwork and can actually rerun tests on it.  That's nice.  I won't have results this week like I wanted though.   Backstory:  Estrogen inhibits the uptake of Synthroid.  So wearing estrogen patches and putting estrogen pills up my hoo-haa counteract the meds that keep my TSH where I want it to be.   I want it below 2.0 for any transfers.  With a transfer in less than 2 weeks, I really hoped to know what it was this week.  I have upped my dose from 125, to 137, to now 150 (this last jump I never told my endocrinologist about....probably should....I'll email her after I finish this post).  Anyways, 150 SHOULD keep it within desired range but you never know!  My body likes to be weird.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment