About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Friday, February 5, 2016

PGS results are in! ALREADY!

We were shocked that we missed a call from the director of the embryology lab today.  We weren't expecting results for another 4-5 days!   I called back and got her voicemail.  Mike called back and also got her voicemail.  She eventually called and I made Mike answer the phone....

Out of 4 embryos, 2 are normal (euploid)!

We are so thankful!

We also found out the gender of each embryo.   Drum roll... 1 boy and 1 girl!

Now we are so torn about what to do!  Transfer both?  Transfer the girl?  Transfer whichever is the better embryo?   We are actually leaning toward the latter option.  My body really couldn't carry twins with my scoliosis.  I really don't want to risk a twin pregnancy and have something happen to one or both of them because it was a twin pregnancy!  My heart desires a girl, so I think if I chose the female embryo, and it didn't work, I'd be super sad.  Of course I would still give the boy a shot.

So all that being said, Mike and I are leaning towards transferring 1 (eSet = elective single embryo transfer) and asking to NOT know the gender of the one they choose.  If we were blessed that transfer #8 resulted in a baby, we would most likely transfer the remaining embryo someday anyways.  I couldn't just leave one behind!   And if we transferred them both over 2 transfer it might help success rates of bringing home a baby because my uterus might suck one cycle and be optimal the next.  So, I think that's the plan.

Anyone think we should do something else?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome plan! I think it's best to not know the gender of the embie they transfer :)