About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Monitoring Appointment #2

Soooooooooooo, they called at 4:05 pm (yes, I almost blew a blood vessel in my brain with anticipation since they took their sweet time calling me that day) and said I need a monitoring appointment the very next day!  So I had to rush and call my OB to get an appointment for the very next day.  Anyways, my follicles are up to 13-15mm.  So, as expected, Cleveland called early in the day to tell me to take my first ganirelix injection (which I brought to work anticipating this).  Anyways folks, I do not things are looking good for this cycle.  I think the several lead follicles are absorbing all of the FSH and LH from the follistim and menopur and taking off while the 6mm ones aren't growing at all.  I told the nurse this morning that I do NOT want to proceed with a retrieval if we are looking to get less than 10 mature eggs.  Even 10 would be a low number.  So, now I wait again to hear back from them this afternoon as far as what does of follistim/menopur to take tonight.  I will do ganirelix injections every morning to make my body not ovulate early.  The nurse this morning, after I told her my concerns, said we should at least stim for a few more days and then talk about options then.  So that's what we'll do.

Just in case anyone is wondering.... here are our IVF fert reports to compare....

IVF#1
17 eggs
12 mature
7 fertilized
5 transferred
1 babies

IVF #2
14 eggs
7 mature
6 fertilized
4 transferred
0 babies

UPDATE:  Up dose to 200 follistim, 75 menopur, repeat monitor Friday 10/24.

No comments:

Post a Comment