About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

IVF #3 Underway

Full red bleed today so I called the clinic at 8:05 am to let them know.  The receptionist took my call and said a nurse would call me right back.  Am I cursed?  It's now past noon and still no call.  Sorry that I always sound like I'm bitching....I just feel like there have already been a ton of bumps with this cycle.  I hope this communication shortcoming thing comes to an end soon.  Luckily, I anticipated this happening and booked a baseline appointment at my local OB for tomorrow (internal sono to count antral follicles and bloodwork to measure e2 levels).  Hopefully they say that's okay (when they call back) and don't make us drive to Cleveland for the baseline (1.5 hour drive for a 10 minute appointment).  I am beyond nervous to hear the antral follicle count.  I have been on DHEA for over 100 days and that supplement alone should increase egg count and quality.   I only had 10 antral follicles in February and retrieved 13 eggs.  I hope they see at least that if not more!

UPDATE.... still haven't heard from my clinic at 4:07pm.  Are they TRYING to give me a heart attack?   Thank God I am a veteran at this shit and made my own appointment with a local OB for tomorrow morning?   Pardon my French.  You don't mess with a woman who just got her period.   Cleveland Clinic..... Y U no call me?


UPDATE 2:  They called at 4:15.  Baseline Friday is fine.  Start stims Saturday.  Recheck follicles/e2 next Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment