About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The State of My Tubes and Ute

My last HSG was in 2011.  That was the day I found out I had a blocked left tube.  I was shocked and asked how it happened.  The doctor said she didn't know and in fact could be temporary.  Anyways....... come full circle to today, over 3 years later...and apparently the latter was true.


Apparently it was temporary and it's perfectly fine now.  Interesting.  However my uterus is an arcuate uterus.  Meaning the top dips inwards instead of being flat across or even convex.   I googled it and "Overall, the arcuate uterus probably does not have an impact on reproduction and obstetrical outcomes."

The inside of my ute, looked at via an hysteroscopy, was squeaky clean too...


So, of course I'm all excited that maybe Mike's slow swimmers will miraculously get me pregnant before we do another IVF in October.  He should at least get them rechecked since he hasn't had counts done in over a year.  Maybe a year of not working out like a fiend has done his balls good and maybe his swimmers stand a chance now?

I'm not getting my hopes up too much though.  IVF #3 is totally going down in October if I'm not pregnant by then!


No comments:

Post a Comment