About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Beta #7 and DHEA

Can't believe I've had SEVEN beta's so far.   Anyways, Beta #7 was 7.  I was hoping for 5 or lower because, just as I presumed, they want to repeat it next Monday.  I am going to POAS Sunday night (like I have the last two Sunday's pre-blood draw) and if it's stark white (which I assume it will be) I am going to cancel the test.   Anyways, I know that's a crazy unexciting update but I didn't want to NOT post it since it's apart of my journey and I also use my blog for documentation purposes.

I started all of my supplements (sans a few this go) in preparation for a retrieval in 3 or so months.  These next few months will drag as I just want to get the show on the road but I'm praying that the supplements, especially the DHEA, to work wonders on my egg quality.   I PRAY we only need to do IVF one more time.  I PRAY we only need one more transfer.  I could do it over and over and over but Mike, on the other hand, wants to stop and just raise Victor an only child.  I'm not sure how many more attempts I have before me with him wanting me to stop - and don't even get me started on financial resources (or lack there of).  


2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed the DHEA helps you. Yes I pray the same thing each time too! I hope this is the last transfer and we get our rainbow baby. So far 5 miscarriages and still no rainbow. I've just had my 3rd d & c in 16 months :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Chantal, my heart breaks for you. I hope you get your rainbow baby soon! :(

      Delete