About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Friday, January 24, 2014

IVF #2 Baseline Sono & Bloodwork

Had my "baseline" today. I put it in quotes because I never DID get my period to make it official.  Just before the sono this morning I did have a bit of brown discharge but nothing since then either.  Anyways, my clinic is 1.5 hours away so I actually get my sonos and bloodwork done locally at my OBGYN's office.  So as they are doing the scans I never get to hear anything official as they are just taking measurements and sending them on to my actual RE's office.  I watch the TV intently the whole time though.   So my left ovary looked nice.   My right ovary, I swear I saw something growing on it.  Maybe it was a cyst?  Ugh that would suck and it would stall my schedule. It would also explain my lack of period if it's spurting out estrogen.  Sadly too, overall, I didn't see too many antral follicles (the ones that will turn into the real ones for my IVF cycle).  So I wait to get the call from my actual nurse to give me the official word but I'm fearful things aren't good.  I am not a fan of waiting so hopefully I was just smoking crack and everything is amazing!  After all, I'm not a sonographer so maybe I don't know what I'm actually looking at!!!!!

Results:  10 antral follicles (sooooo many less than I had to start in 2011).  I forgot to ask her about the no period thing.

So I got the go ahead to start follistim tonight at 150 units each night and I go back to recheck on Monday to see how they are growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment