About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Friday, March 2, 2012

9w6d - God is GOOD - ultrasound

First of all, God is indeed amazing!!!   Here's the story....

I just had an ultrasound!   I woke up at 1:00 am this morning and couldn't sleep.  I kept feeling my boobs, which used to be sore and full, and they were now not sore and not full.  They felt exactly how they felt before I got pregnant.  Being upset I woke Mike up.  He comforted me (as usual since he's amazing) and told me it's OK.  I cried (thinking hopefully hormones were making me cry but I knew different.... I just didn't want to lose my baby!).   I ended up not falling back asleep until 4:00 am.  It was really really really rough.

I finally called my OB in the morning.  Ironically, the answering service was having problems and told me to call back later!  Figures.  I was in agony, why not wait a little longer?   Anyways, I called again a little while later and got a nurse.  I told her I was symptom free and that I was panicking.  She said she didn't know what to say. Just the thing I wanted to hear.  She put me on hold.  When she came back she told me that I had cramps.  I was confused at first.  She was like, "You have cramps.  That's what you have to say when  you come in."  (So insurance will pay for the sonogram.)   Thank you Bayside for letting me come in!

So Mike and I drove over to Bayside (just a few blocks from work).  We sat in the waiting room.  Praying.  Multiple times.   Then Erin, our favorite sonographer (yay!), came out and got us.   She took us into the room and had me climb up on the table, with my pants on!!  This was my first belly sonogram!  It was exciting.  She squirted on the gel and put the scanner on my lower belly.   As soon as she did I was looking at the screen.  I saw the little flicker before she said something.  I was overjoyed.  As soon as she pushed in further, there he (Mike and I think it's a boy) was!  Wiggling around and moving his arms and legs up and down saying "hi"!  It was the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life!!!!!   It was the first time I got really emotional seeing him. Up til now he was always stationary.  Seeing him move around was a whole 'nother story!    His heart rate was 175bpm.

(side view) 

(side view) 

(overhead view)

Symptoms:  Loss of boob fullness in the early morning hours (freaked me right out but everything is ok!), tired after lunch (yay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment