About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

13w0d - Weekly update


(shrimp - weirdest comparison ever)

(peach)
How Far Along: 13 weeks!!!!!

Size of baby:  Our baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com): Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!  But they seem to be getting looser now that I'm not doing the progesterone injections anymore I am no where near as bloated.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: So so.  Still not great and have super strange dreams all the time.

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our baby on Tuesday (12w3d) and seeing that he/she was healthy and had a nose and a small nuchal fold.

Movement: I swear I feel flutters every once in a while.

Food cravings: No cravings really but the breadth of food that appeals to me is shrinking day by day.  Soon, nothing will sound good.

Gender: Not sure yet.

What I Miss: Nothing this week.  Just so thankful I'm pregnant!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  The anatomy scan sometime late April or early May.  Soooooooo far away!

Milestones: Developmentally out of the first trimester (at 12w0d).  Only 3 days to go to be gestationally out of the first trimester (at 13w3d)!

Emotions: After a long day at work I'm super agitated.  To the point where I can even stand anything touching me.  I even took my earrings and necklace off cause they were bothering me and made Mike carry them in his hand while he drove home.

Symptoms:  Nothing really.  Occasional AM slight nausea but it's so faint it's hardly noticeable.




2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!! Informative and encouraging!!! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your journey:)

    ReplyDelete