About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

11w0d - Weekly update




(fig)


How Far Along: 11 weeks

Size of baby:  Just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig.

My baby this week (from babycenter.com): Your baby is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.  She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

Maternity Clothes: I'm actually going in an hour to buy my first stuff!

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: Terrible.  Out of the last three nights of sleep I slept terribly 2 out of the 3.  I  wake up every hour or two and am wide awake and generally have a sense of uneasiness.  I wake up from vivid dreams (mostly nightmares) all the time.

Best Moment of the Week: Getting the fetal doppler on Monday and listening to my baby's heartbeat everyday (sometimes twice a day)!

Movement: I thought I felt flutters but I read it's too soon.

Food cravings: The usual.  Generally craving bad food.  French fries.  Pizza.  Etc.

Gender: Not sure yet.

What I Miss: A good nights sleep!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  The 12w3d ultrasound so I can see my baby again!!!

Milestones: Almost done with the first trimester!

Emotions: I get pretty cranky now at night when I get tired.

Symptoms:  Last few mornings I've actually been SLIGHTLY nauseous.  Nothing major though.



No comments:

Post a Comment