About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Doxy, Medrol, Lovenox + Ranting

Added two new drugs to my FET regimen today:  doxycycine (antibiotic) and medrol (steroid).   They are standard with FETs and I've taken them with each transfer.   Lovenox, on the other hand is new, I will start that tomorrow.  It's a blood thinner and I found it in my last ditch research to salvage this transfer after finding my mega counts of antithyroid antibodies in my blood stream.   Research has shown having antithyroid antibodies in the body DRAMATICALLY reduces success rates.   Research has also shown that 50% of women with antithyroid antibodies also have elevated NK (natural killer) cells in the system that make it impossible for an embryo to implant.  So....many people have asked me if I still plan on transferring tomorrow....the answer is yes.  We are just going to go for it.  If it fails, we will test for the NK cells - which, if found, can be treated with an intralipid infusion in the weeks leading up to an embryo transfer.  Are we being irresponsible transferring without doing the NK test?  50% chance yes.  Psychologically I don't know if I can handle two cancelled cycles back to back that wouldn't have needed to be cancelled if my FREAKING doctors did their FREAKING jobs.  I am livid.  My thyroid wouldn't have even been tested if it wasn't for me demanding it.   My hashimoto's (and antithyroid antibodies) wouldn't have been found if it wasn't for me demanding the testing.  Even the lovenox, the last ditch med to salvage this transfer wouldn't have even been prescribed if it wasn't for me demanding it.   And if this cycle fails, testing for NK cells I can ASSURE YOU wouldn't have been done if I didn't demand it.   I am sick of being my own doctor.  For once I just want to "let go" and have someone else worry about me since that's what they are being paid to do.  Is all this ranting going to help me succeed this cycle?  Chances are it's not...since now I have extra stress hormones in my system which hinder implantation.....however....it feels good to the internet to anyone that will listen.

PS....my transfer is scheduled for tomorrow at 11am..... Dr. Goldfarb will be doing the transfer as well.  I'm sure he's going to LOVE seeing me (since I email him every day it seems).


5 comments:

  1. It's houston13 from FT - AMEN to this post! I really hate being my own doctor! Good luck tomorrow friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with all this added stress! I understand too well how aggravating it is having to be your own doctor. I hope that this cycle is successful and that after everything you have been through lately, you will get that BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so frustrating! Good for you for standing up for your care. Wishing you the very best for this cycle! Good luck tomorrow!! xo

    ReplyDelete