About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Endometrial Scratching Idea

So there is a relatively new technique out there called Endometrial Scratching.  When done the cycle before a cycle that will have a transfer, it boosts implantation rates by 20%!   I emailed Dr. Goldfarb to ask about this new technique and he didn't believe there was any efficacy to the study.  He said we could, however, still do the procedure if I wanted.  I kinda wish he was more on board with it because now I feel pretty unsure whether we should do it or not.  I think we are just going to do it.  What do we have to lose?

Here is a link to the article:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/endometrial-scratching-boosts-ivf-odds-by-20-percent-says-study/



2 comments:

  1. Not many RE's do it, but some do. It's been around for over 15 yrs that I know of and 2 of the 4 clinics that I have been do does it. My current clinic doesn't said the stats aren't accurate I think if it makes you feel better you should do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Babydreams! I think we are going to do it!

      Delete