About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Elevated TSH

So, the blood draws the my doctor didn't think I even needed uncovered something......elevated TSH.   I have an underactive thyroid.  My TSH level was 4.94.  Normal levels are 0.4 to 4.5.  Before you get excited that I am close to the normal threshold, normal for infertility is between 1 and 2.  So I am WAY over the normal range.   I am angry.  I am furious.  They didn't even test this level prior to starting my IVF.  There is NO way my IVF could have even worked.  I literally flushed money down the drain.  I flushed 2 embryos down the drain.  :(   Anyways, anger aside, I have been put on 50mcg of synthroid per day.  I will be rechecked in 4 weeks.  This puts the endometrial scratching on hold.  There is no way I am suffering through that just to be told the FET is postponed because my TSH levels are still elevated.  This will most likely put the entire FET on hold.  So instead of an April transfer it will most likely be a May transfer (God willing).   This sucks!


No comments:

Post a Comment