About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

15w0d - Weekly update & first bump photo!

Things are going well.  Had a tiny tiny spotting scare last Thursday, but all is fine.  The doppler is a daily reassurance.  :)  Though, it's very hard to distinguish two different heartbeats in there.  There are 2 heartbeats and 2 placents also making heartbeat sounds.  So between those 4 things, it's hard to tell what is what!

Baby this week:
  • The average fetus at 15 weeks weighs 2.5 ounces and measures 4 inches—and baby's proportions are becoming even more normal, since his or her legs now outmeasure the arms.
  • You probably can't feel it yet, but baby's squirming a ton!  (Actually, I think I CAN feel it!)
  • Baby might even be hiccuping in there.
  • Baby's making lots of progress: the joints and limbs can all move now.


Babies are the size of apples this week!

So adorable... x2

15 week bump!!






3 comments:

  1. Love it! I have been really busy, but I had to stop in and see the belly bump pic and say hi! So happy for you still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been ok! Things have just been so busy with us. The BC messed up my period, last month, and some financial constraints came up so we are having to put the IVF on hold. We did all of the testings and everything so we should be ready to go once we get everything sorted out. We are also planning our Sacraments of Matrimony (we're already married but not thru the church - for over 2 years now) so we are wanting to do our Sacraments FIRST, then proceed with IVF :) takes some stress off of me to do it this way!

      Delete