Man, more bad news. Dr. Flyckt informed me that we can't do PGS and a transfer close enough that the embryos could avoid another freeze. AKA, our embryos, if we want them tested, will have to be thawed, biopsied, tested, and REFROZEN. Ugh. Luckily, both freezings are done using the vitrification method which barely damages the embryo. But those poor little 100 cell guys (or gals) might not be able to handle being thawed twice over!
Dr. Flyckt was super nice though and she is going to contact my nurse case manager to see if they will wave the restriction in my case for another fresh cycle even with frozens in storage. We'll see what happens. If that's the case, should I do supplements for 90 days beforehand (like I did last time and got my best hall to date)? Will my RE like that if she pushed to let me do IVF just for me to say "hold on, I need time for supplements".
You may be thinking, 'why hasn't she been on supplements just in case this whole time?' Well, first and foremost, they do a number on my body. My face practically falls off (it's truly gross..think snake) from the DHEA. Second, they are $$$$$. I've been on about 1/3 of the supplements this whole time so hopefully my eggs are at least decent? Also, now I sound like a spoiled brat, but IVF is now covered so I could do it more than once should I get a craptastic haul.
I'm so torn. Should we even do IVF if they okay it? Or should we just attempt to use those poor 4 frosties that would need to be frozen again and potentially damage the crap out of them? I'm actually leaning toward just using them and no IVF. But I'll be 35 this year. My eggs are basically 50% crap at this age. So out of every 2 embryos made, 1 will be useless. That number gets exponentially worse with age. See the chart: